Our Mission Statement
Treasure Valley Midwives is dedicated to making the birth of each baby a safe and joyous occasion by supporting families to have a positive pregnancy, birth and postpartum experience.
- We place trust in the process of birth and our care is based on the premise that birth is a normal, healthy event in a woman’s life
- We support families in making decisions about the birth of their baby that best meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs
- We believe that a woman should be involved in making decisions regarding her health and well-being
- We provide current and accurate information, guidance, and recommendations to women and their families so that they may make good decisions regarding their care
- We value effective communication, collaboration and teamwork based on mutual trust and respect
- We promote and support breastfeeding as the basis of optimal health for children and their mothers.
- Integrity: We maintain our client’s trust by providing care that is rooted in honesty, empathy and respect
- Authenticity: We provide care that is trustworthy, genuine and falls within our legal scope of practice and expertise
- Diversity: We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining an environment that supports diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with other members of the health care community who can provide care outside the scope of midwifery practice when needed
- Shared Decision Making: Both midwife and client participate in decision-making that honors and respects both the woman’s right to make decisions regarding her care and the midwives’ professional judgment
- Best Practice: We share the most recent, relevant and helpful information, based on research, with our clients in order to provide high quality midwifery care