Our Mission Statement
Treasure Valley Midwives is dedicated to making the birth of each baby a safe and joyous occasion by supporting families to have a positive pregnancy, birth and postpartum experience.
- We place trust in the process of birth and our care is based on the premise that birth is a normal, healthy event in a woman’s life.
- We support families in making decisions about the birth of their baby that best meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- We believe that a woman should be involved in making decisions regarding her health and well-being.
- We provide current and accurate information, guidance, and recommendations to women and their families so that they may make good decisions regarding their care.
- We value effective communication, collaboration and teamwork based on mutual trust and respect.
- We promote and support breastfeeding as the basis of optimal health for children and their mothers.
- We support women’s health through the lifespan.
- Integrity: We maintain our client’s trust by providing care that is rooted in honesty, empathy and respect.
- Authenticity: We provide care that is trustworthy, genuine and falls within our legal scope of practice and expertise.
- Diversity: We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining an environment that supports diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with other members of the health care community to provide women with expertise in all areas of maternity care.
- Shared Decision Making: Both midwife and client participate in decision-making that honors and respects both the woman’s right to make decisions regarding her care and the midwives’ professional judgment.
- Best Practice: We provide high quality midwifery care to our clients by sharing the most recent, relevant, and helpful information available.